camel-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some thoughts about the architecture of camel
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 16:03:47 GMT
Here's another thought.

We will continue to support 2.x for at least another year. Would it be less confusing if we
released 2.6 in Dec, and 2.6.x in 2011 (when needed) on jdk 1.5 and the other 2.7 and up releases
on jdk 1.6 only? Give people enough heads up to get used to the idea?

How does that sound?

Hadrian

>> It will in fact start to confuse / scare people if Camel 2.5 is
>> already in the "maintenance mode" and the next expected release would
>> be Camel 2.5.1.
> I promise to withdraw my proposal (which is not formal yet, but I intend to make it a
formal proposal once the survey results are out)
> to only support jdk 1.6 from camel 2.6 onwards if I hear *one* developer (seriously)
saying that he'd be scared if:
> * camel 2.6 and onwards on the 2.x line will only support jdk 1.6
> * camel 2.5.x will continue to be maintained and supported on jdk 1.5
> My thoughts are based on the intermediate results of the survey and the cost to support
jdk 1.5