camel-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Approximate release date for Camel 3.0
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 01:08:17 GMT
I agree with Willem that this is a wise course of action. Camel 2.5.0 is *very* close to being
released now and we'll stay on cxf 2.2.x.
It would be best to upgrade to cxf 2.3.0 right after the camel 2.5.0 release and have enough
time to test it thoroughly for the 2.6.0 release. We should be able to release 2.6.0 and a
last 1.x (1.6.4) release before the end of Q4.

Cheers,
Hadrian

On Oct 14, 2010, at 8:57 PM, Willem Jiang wrote:

> Hi Seumas,
>
> We are targeting the Camel 3.0 release at the end of Q1 2011.
> I think it should be OK for us to use CXF 2.3.x in Camel 2.6.0, as we are heading to
release Camel 2.5.0, it could be a dangerous thing to switch to CXF 2.3.x.

> On 10/15/10 2:29 AM, Seumas Soltysik wrote:
>> Is there an approximate release date for Camel 3.0? We are looking to release a product
using Camel 3.0 and need to get a sense the earliest date that we could do so if we ship 3.0.
Specifically we want to ship a product that uses CXF 2.3 which from the sounds of it will
only be included in Camel 3.0.