camel-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Kettelerij <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] - Easier Camel route debugging from Camel Test Kit
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2010 08:53:30 GMT

Nice work Claus. Occasionally i've also felt the need for easier debugging of
Camel routes (although proper unit- and integration tests help reduce this
issue a lot).

When debugging I think it might be useful for users to call getShortName()
on the provided ProcessorDefinition in beforeProcess() to limit the number
of invocations and quickly find the right processor. For example:

  protected void beforeProcess(Exchange exchange, Processor, processor,
ProcessorDefinition definition) {
     if ("transform".equals(definition.getShortName()) {
         // place breakpoint in IDE on log statement below"Body before transformation " +

I'll say +1 for including before/afterProcess() methods in CamelTestSupport.

Richard Kettelerij,