camel-dev mailing list archives

From Henryk Konsek <>
Subject [XStream] Omitting fields configuration patch
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 08:26:53 GMT

I posted that message yesterday using the Nabble but it is still
marked as 'pending'
So now I try send it directly to the mailing list.

So... XStream allows to ignore selected fields for particular classes
(kind of "transient" fields). This feature is descibed here - Tweaking
XStream output (

I needed to use that functionality in the Camel XStream data
transformation. AbstractXStreamWrapper provides support for aliases
and implicit collections but doesn't for XStream#omitField.

At this moment this problem can be handled with custom XStream Spring
FactoryBean and AbstractXStreamWrapper#setXStream method (just like I
did). However this solution is quite verbose. I think that if
AbstractXStreamWrapper supports both aliases and implicit collections
configuration, it should also supports fields omitting.

I've created patch for AbstractXStreamWrapper and unit test for it.
Maybe somebody could submit it to the codebase?

Kind regards.

Henryk Konsek

View raw message