camel-dev mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] OSGi improvements and type converters
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 07:41:18 GMT
Hi Guillaume,

We have the same type converter override issue in camel which is run
within a normal JVM, If we change the class patch we can hit the same
issue as running the camel in OSGi platform with different bundle
starting up sequence.

I think the type converter is more like a library rather then an OSGi
service for Camel. In this case if the bundle of type converter is
uninstalled, I think the class not found warning would be enough.

As the type converter is organized by camel context, maybe we can
leverage the OSGi package modularity by letting the camelContext descide
the type converter in which package it want to load. The short coming of
this solution that I can see is user may need to figure out which type
converter package that this route may need to use first.

Just my two cents.

Willem