camel-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject [CANCELED][VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.3.0
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 18:34:21 GMT
I dropped the current staged build and will redo the camel-2.3.0 release.

I had mixed feelings about this one. For what is worth, you probably know a -1 does not necessarily
mean that a release won't pass, it just mean it won't pass with a unanimous vote. In this
particular case there was also a workaround available and the issue was quite isolated. The
few examples missing from the build, and a couple of components made me change my vote (reluctantly)
so I decided to redo it.

Camel as any apache project, is volunteer based, so a -1 also implies that you are willing
to jump in and redo the release :).

Cheers,
Hadrian

On May 21, 2010, at 3:05 AM, Martin Krasser wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I see https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-2738 as a must-have for the release.
Although, the issue status is marked as resolved for version 2.3 there was a necessary second
fix committed by William after the release candidate (the fix was at revision 946605, see
also the last post in this thread http://old.nabble.com/2.3-SNAPSHOT%3A-Stream-Caching-again-enabled-by-Bug-Fix-for-Camel-2686-and-CAMEL-2694-%28rev-941275%29--ts28582952.html).
 So I have to give my -1 here.

> Sorry for coming up that late but I'm currently on vacation with only limited internet/mail
access. I'll try to be available for discussions (if necessary) within the next few hours.