camel-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Asynchronous support in Camel
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 22:58:17 GMT
It's been a long time I ad not looked at the asynchronous support in Camel.
I had to do so today and I must say I'm a bit disapointed.
What's the way to have a scalable route using http such as even the one in
the documentation:
   from("jetty:http://localhost:8080/service").to("jhc:
http://localhost/service-impl");

Given the jetty consumer doesn't use continuations anymore, I don't
understand.

I know the asynchronous API has been refactored and (mea culpa), i haven't
paid much attention to it.
But I think there has been a big misunderstanding about the purpose of this
api.
The goal was not to process things in another thread.  The goal was to be
scalable.
The AsyncProcessor was only a tool to achieve that.  Maybe not the best one,
but still it was working.

Now, the only implementation of AsyncProcessor is the JettyHttpProducer

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet