camel-dev mailing list archives

From Ashish Mittal <av_mit...@ymail.com>
Subject Extending the JMS and AMQ operations for storage in Cassandra
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 14:53:52 GMT
Hello all,

I am Ashish Mittal and am working for Sakai (an enterprise teaching, learning and academic
collaboration project) as a student developer on the project Event-Explorer [1]. My job
is to collect the JMS messages using AMQ and store them in a database(Cassandra) after processing
and later view them in a gui.

Currently I have implemented this by setting up the local embedded AMQ broker in network
with other remote AMQ brokers having the message consumers which process the message, and
using Thrift, store it into Cassandra.
But I realized the need of further processing and filtering the messages on basis of their
properties and some more flexible routing and hence I intend to use Camel for the procedure.

Can anyone suggest me some easy way of setting up endpoints for Cassandra or a better way
in which I could achieve my goal of transferring JMS messages from local AMQ broker to Cassandra
using Camel via AMQ (Any pointers to existing documentation would also help).

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Ashish Mittal
(av_mittal@ymail.com / amapocalyptic@gmail.com)