camel-dev mailing list archives

From usha Kanteti <u_kant...@yahoo.com>
Subject Transacting a route.
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 15:33:06 GMT

	<package>Services</package>

	<onException useOriginalMessage="true" >
		<exception>java.lang.Throwable</exception>
		<redeliveryPolicy maximumRedeliveries="3" />
		<handled>
		<constant>true</constant>
		</handled>
	</onException>

	<route>
		<from uri="jms:topic:SOURCETOPICS" />
		<bean ref="myBean" method="myMethod"/>
	 	 step2 : call web-service
 		 step3 : save the web-service response in the Database.
	</route>
</camelContext>

I have the above route in my bundle and I use camel 2.2

My question is how can I make this route as transacted meaning
if I am processing "message 1" and exception occurs at any step of the
route, then that
message is not properly consumed yet ( in my understading) and now if
stop this bundle and restart this bundle again, I should be able to
reprocess the "message 3" which
was not properly consumed earlier.

Do I have to include  <transacted /> after every step of the route?

Thanks.