camel-dev mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP] Camel Security
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 06:40:22 GMT
Just one more thing about using the Spring Security.
Current Spring Security released 3.0.2 which uses the Spring 3.x, and
Spring Security 2.0.5 which can be used with Spring 2.x and Spring 3.x.

To support the user of Spring 2.x and Spring 3.x at the same time , I'm
planing to use the Spring Security 2.0.5, but it will cause some plain
when we upgrade to use Spring Security 3.x.

If we are using Spring Security 3.x, that could be a good reason to let
  people to use Spring 3.x in the feature.

Any thought?

> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Willem Jiang <> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I just added a design notes[1] for the Camel Security which shows a rough
>> design of Camel Security API, which just leverage the Camel Policy API to
>> delegate the access control to the AuthorizationPolicy. In this way we can
>> plugin different AuthoriztionPolicy implementation based on different
>> security framework easily.
>> For the authentication, as camel doesn't have any GUI or other interface to
>> type the user name and password. We just store the authentication instance
>> into the exchange property and let the camel client to deal with
>> authentication work. In the feature we could add some authentication support
>> on the camel-servlet, camel-jetty consumer.
>> Any thought?
>> [1]
>> Willem

View raw message