camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject Re: Why does camel-cxf need cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2010 20:49:57 GMT
While I think it is great that a mini bundle is there for some special
cases I think it should possible to make the modular version more
independent of external libs. Especially the cxf api and core should
have no dependencies. Spring and camel have also achieved this. Having
said this I know it is a lot of work ;-(

Am 21.01.2010 11:10, schrieb Willem Jiang:
> Just a quick note for camel-cxf module:
> There are more than 4 components in the camel-cxf
> cxf, cxfrs, cxfbeans, camel transport for cxf , and an unused soap
> component.
> I think we just put them into camel-cxf module because they are CXF
> related, if there are many people complain about it introduces lots of
> third party dependencies we could consider to split them.
> BTW, CXF has a mini bundle which removed more than 20 of cxf modules
> and can be used in most case, maybe we could consider to use it.
> Willem

Christian Schneider

View raw message