camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject Re: Why does camel-cxf need cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:51:59 GMT
Hi Sergey,

I am just concerned with the dependencies jaxrs brings into our
projects. The architects from the projects at my company that use camel
and cxf complain about the many dependencies needed to simply do web
services.  So I am constantly searching how to have less dependencies.

Currently camel-cxf needs 81 jars.
When I remove cxf-rt-transports-http-jetty there are 77 jars left.
When I also remove cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs there are only 63 jars left.

These are still more dependencies than I would like to have but at least
a little better. After removing http-jetty the project still compiles
without problems so I guess it could be removed.
The jaxrs dependency is currently needed and I guess it is not so easy
to remove it.

While checking the dependencies I found that the repo is added
in camel-cxf. I remember that recently Dan added the jaxb jars to maven
central so I think this repo can now be removed. I checked with an empty
local repo and was able to build camel-cxf.

Am 20.01.2010 10:31, schrieb Sergey Beryozkin:
>> Hi all,
>> I am using the camel-cxf component to attach a jaxws service to
>> camel. Unfortunatelly the camel-cxf component also depends on
>> cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs. Is this necessary? It would be nice if this
>> depdendency could be removed or made optional.
> Does it cause any issues for you ? Or are you just concerned about
> extra module being unnecessarily loaded ?
> I'm not sure it makes sense to introduce another camel component
> specifically dedicated to handling cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs.
> Some users may have JAXWS and JAXRS services attached through a single
> bean with the help of camel-cxf.
> cheers, Sergey

Christian Schneider

View raw message