camel-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sbery...@progress.com>
Subject Re: Why does camel-cxf need cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2010 10:23:53 GMT
> Just a quick note for camel-cxf module:
> There are more than 4 components in the camel-cxf
> cxf, cxfrs, cxfbeans, camel transport for cxf , and an unused soap component.

If 'soap' is unused then looks like it can go.
I can see cxfrs has just 10 classes.

> I think we just put them into camel-cxf module because they are CXF related, if there
are many people complain about it introduces
> lots of third party dependencies we could consider to split them.
>
> BTW, CXF has a mini bundle which removed more than 20 of cxf modules and can be used
in most case, maybe we could consider to use
> it.

Indeed, it is a good point, the complete bundle has a number of codegen related dependencies...
And it will not have abdera
embedded. Worth evaluating this option...

cheers, Sergey