camel-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sbery...@progress.com>
Subject Re: Why does camel-cxf need cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:31:51 GMT

> Hi all,
>
> I am using the camel-cxf component to attach a jaxws service to camel.
> Unfortunatelly the camel-cxf component also depends on
> cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs. Is this necessary? It would be nice if this
> depdendency could be removed or made optional.

Does it cause any issues for you ?
Or are you just concerned about extra module being unnecessarily loaded ?

I'm not sure it makes sense to introduce another camel component specifically dedicated to
handling cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs.
Some users may have JAXWS and JAXRS services attached through a single bean with the help
of camel-cxf.

cheers, Sergey