camel-dev mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] License notice in Camel archetypes generated files.
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 07:05:49 GMT
Hi Claus,

CXF‘ generated file doesn't have the ASF licenes header, I think it
because velocity doesn't count on the commented ASF licenes header of
the template[1].

I think current Camel archetypes doesn't filter the resources file's ASF
licenes header comments, so we can still see the ASF licenes header in
the generated file.

Claus Ibsen wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 6:06 AM, Hadrian Zbarcea<> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> When files are generated using the Camel archetypes, the code contains the
>> usual license note we have in the Camel files:
>>  * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
>>  * contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
>>  * this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
>>  * The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
>>  * (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
>>  * the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
>> I am not sure if the *generated* files should contain the statement that the
>> code:
>> * is "Licensed to the [...] ASF"
>> * "under one or more" CLAs (people who ran the maven archetype most likely
>> don't have a CLA on file
>> * "The ASF licenses this file to You"
>> Obviously the user would be responsible for his code, so he'd have to
>> replace all the license comments with her own.  Are we doing her any
>> service? Should we put some generic TODO comment?
> I wonder what CXF does with its wsdl2java tool? Does it put in a
> license header on the .java files?
>> Am I too pedantic?
> Could be, nobody else have reported it before :)
> But great that you spotted it and started a discussion.
>> Hadrian

View raw message