camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Semantics of IN and OUT (was: Faults and Exceptions in Camel)
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:51:36 GMT
> Reading between the lines; are you really just trying to make folks
> use (what is currently called) "getOut()" and never try mutate what is
> currently called getIn()?
> i.e. so by default the "OUT" property is defaulted to a copy of IN
> that folks can change/mutate.
> (what we call these 2 methods is a separate discussion, whether its
> "in,out" or "originalMessage,message" or whatever

Hadrian and I had a chat today and we are clearing up some bits.
I am more on line with him now on the IN and OUT thing.

So lets keep them.

And use the time to fix the tiny bits such as the getOut() doing its
lazy creating a new empty message.
And whether its possible to let IN be immutable.

View raw message