camel-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Moulliard <>
Subject unmarshal content of a POJO property !!
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:53:14 GMT

Can I in a camel spring DSL route do something like that.

A request class has been created and is put in an ActiveMq queue. This class
contains in a field the content to be unmarshaled.
The route that I would like to use could be something like this :

<from uri="queue:a"> // where the Request object has been placed
    <convertBodyTo type="com.dummy.Request" /> transform the content
serialized into our Request object
    <extract property="messageContent"/> --> process who will access the
property field of the content that I would like to unmarshal
    <unmarshal ref="CamelBindydataFormat">
<to uri=""/>

Remark : the request object must stay in the body of the exchange message

Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect
Apache Camel Committer

blog :