camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding New Component For General Camel Use
Date Thu, 28 May 2009 04:15:46 GMT
On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 4:12 AM, joehoe <jhoffert@dre.vanderbilt.edu> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I will be working on a specific data dissemination component for Camel. I'd
> like for this component to be generally available. What are the procedures
> to follow and/or standards to be met in order to include a component for
> Camel distribution?
Hi

Fantastic and welcome on the Camel ride.

The contributing page explains some bits about this:

Usually it starts like this with a mail thread. Then when you feel
like the code is ready for review or others to take a look at,
then create a JIRA ticket for it and attach it there.

If the component has a general and broad usage then its a good
candidate for inclusion at Apache Camel.
The code must however be Apache License.

The code should follow the checkstyle ruling that we use.
You can run it from maven using:

mvn compile -Psourcecheck

And it should be unit tested with a good coverage.

And most importantly you should also be willing to do the
doucmentation it takes at the Camel wiki pages.