camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject camel-restlet - Why is it not InOut by default
Date Mon, 25 May 2009 11:54:03 GMT

I am looking into adding some more unit test for concurrency and got
into an issue with camel-restlet.

By default the exchange it creates are InOnly and I was wondering why
its not InOut.
I do think this is a flaw and that we should let it by InOut.

If not then we have a bug in the DefaultRestletBinding as if you set a
OUT response then its not used as the exchange is by default not out

Adding this to RestletEndpoint fixes the problem/bug:

    public ExchangePattern getExchangePattern() {
        // should always use in out for restlet
        return ExchangePattern.InOut;

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer