camel-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject [Heads Up] added an OSGi system test for running Camel in Felix & Equinox
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 15:47:15 GMT
Just as a simple integration test to check our OSGi metadata is OK,
I've created a little integration test case here...
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/tests/camel-itest-osgi/
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/tests/camel-itest-osgi/src/test/java/org/apache/camel/itest/osgi/OSGiIntegrationTest.java

for this issue

using Pax Exam
http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxexam/Pax+Exam

I made a minimal test (so not using Spring and so forth). We should
add another test using Spring I guess too.

I found quite a lot of stuff was mandatory rather than optional (e.g.
JMX stuff and JAXB stuff) so I tweaked the metadata for camel-core a
little to make more imports optional. I hope that doesn't break
anything :). We could always make those imports mandatory in
camel-spring maybe? (Though even with camel-spring you might wanna use
JavaConfig)

So far Pax Exam seems pretty good - the only missing feature is being
able to use the project's pom to figure out what versions of things to
use (like ServiceMix Kernel integration tests do).
--
James
-------

Open Source Integration