camel-dev mailing list archives

From Gert Vanthienen <gert.vanthie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we Speed up the build of Camel feature?
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:59:48 GMT
Willem,

If you run this build on a clean repo, it will download all
dependencies for ServiceMix Kernel and all the Camel components.  It
will also download the replacement bundles to figure out the OSGi
imports/exports.  It will download these artifacts into your local
Maven repo, so a subsequent run of the same build should be
significantly faster (I have 50 sec here once the artifacts are in
your local repo).  Other than that, I agree with Bruce that cutting
back the number of repositories would be the best way to solve it.

Actually, I'm considering to remove the features generation process
and replace it by simple resource filtering in Maven.  The main
drawback would be that we don't have any validation of the file at
build time any more (now the plugin complains about missing
imports/bundles), so I raised
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMX4KNL-272 to create a more
specific plugin goal to tackle that.

Regards,