camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject CAMEL 2.0 - The remaining work
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 05:18:55 GMT

We are in the final phase of Camel 2.0 and need to get the last
features and fixes done. I have been looking at the JIRA tickets and
moved stuff for 2.1.

There are 2 issues we must address:
Change default error handler strategy (CAMEL-714) to no error handling at all
I am currently working on this one.

StreamCache to work out of the box with all the error handler
strategies (I does not work with TX for instance)  and seamless with
We need to work together with Gert on this one. Could be that
streamCache should be enabled by default.

And these issue would be great to have:
Support onException for the transaction and default error handler,
allowing you to trap exceptions
and avoid rolling back. Kinda like the tryBlock() .. handle()

Consider renaming the handle() name to catchBlock() so its consistent
with the tryBlock() name (CAMEL-1447)
As this is an API change I would like to get it in 2.0.

And finally we should have time to fix the community reports bugs and
minor new features to add that we usually
do on a daily basis.

Any thoughts?

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer