camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Camel 2.0 API - Proposal of new support package to fix bad tangles
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 05:42:45 GMT
Hi

I am using Structure 101 to view the Camel API and have found some hot
spots to clear.
- DataFormatType was implementing DataFormat (fixed)
- SPI had a bad tangle (fixed)
- Language had a bad tangle (fixed)

However we do have some support classes (abstract base classes) in
camel.impl that are reused outside .impl.
Currently its mostly the ExpressionAdapter to assist impl. Expression.

I would like to propose a new package in Camel for such common
classes. As the util package is a kinda mixed up package currently
    org.apache.camel.support

And we can move:
  ExpressionAdapter
  ExpressionSupport
  PredicateSupport

That are most likely to be used outside camel.impl in eg. processor,
language, builder and other packages where Expression/Preidcates is
also highly used.

Any thoughts?

--
Claus Ibsen