camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Camel 2.0 - Keys for header problem
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 07:58:43 GMT

We have a bullet on the Camel 2.0 design page:

using Camel${component}${name} pattern as header keys instead of using
package names with dots that isn't likely to be transported by JMS or
other transport types

Currently we have mixed content using the old style (using package
names) and the new style.
What I would like to get done before we have a M1 version is to get
this fixed beforehand.

As the change involves looking into all components and fixing it one
by one it would take some time.

If you are in doubt why we should do it, then i will quote what
Jonathan wrote on IRC

"this is CamelCase style"

Well spotted Jon, of course we should have CamelCase in Camel :)

Any thoughts?

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Open Source Integration: