camel-dev mailing list archives

From "William Tam" <email.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Quick questions in CxfBinding
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2009 04:55:12 GMT
In cleanup the camel-cxf component, I have the following questions.

In CxfProducer.process() method (below), it creates and passes an
empty HashMap to the  CxfBinding.propogateContext() method.
            // Get context from message
            Map<String, Object> context = new HashMap<String, Object>();
            Map<String, Object> responseContext =
CxfBinding.propogateContext(inMessage, context);

Step inside the CxfBinding.propogateContext() method, the following
code creates a WrappedMessageContext which is in the
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.context package.

 // TODO map the JAXWS properties to cxf
        if (requestContext != null) {
            Map<String, Object> realMap = new HashMap<String, Object>();
            WrappedMessageContext ctx = new WrappedMessageContext(realMap,
                                                                  null,

Scope.APPLICATION);
            ctx.putAll(requestContext);
            requestContext = realMap;

        }

Since requestContext is always empty, ctx.putAll() will not all thing
to  ctx (the WrappedMessageContext).   In the end, requestContext is
still a empty HashMap.   This (CxfProducer.process()) the only place
that calls CxfBinding.propogateContext().  So, what is the intention
of using a WrappedMessageContext in the snippet?  And, do we need to
worry about the TODO comment?

Thanks,
William