camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Components setting data on OUT
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2009 05:55:57 GMT
Hi

The OUT message really starts to irritate me.

We have various components that set data on the OUT body and then the
Pipeline will use this result as IN for then next node.
What happens is then whatever headers etc from IN is lost. Then you
cant really route and have your headers preserve during the entire
route.

We might wanna give this a thought in Camel 2.0?
- Pipeline to always add headers from IN to OUT, so headers is preserved
- Components to enforce MEP and only set data on OUT if its InOut
- Components to add headers from IN to OUT if it set OUT as result
and what not

Currently the SQL component has this flaw. In the past it was
Velocity. And I guess there are some other components as well.

Just starting a thread to not forget. I only had one cup of coffee
this morning. Going to boil water now.....

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/