camel-dev mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mega mega (VFS) file handler
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 07:04:26 GMT
On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 3:52 AM, Ramon Buckland <ramon.buckland@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I recently did a lot of refactor in Camel 2.0 on the ftp/sftp
>> component towards a goal of a VFS in Camel itself.
>> So there code be shared code between file and ftp component.
>>
>> What basically needs to be done to add a potential new file based
>> component is (based on the ftp refactoring).
>>
>> 1) Implement transport specific consumer (see FtpConsumer,
>> SftpConsumer, and FileConsumer)
>> 2) Implement transport specific operations (see FtpOperations,
>> SFTPOperations)
>>
>> That's it. Well if you added a new transport to camel-ftp that is. But
>> this could pave the way for the Camel VFS, where we basically needs to
>> refactor the file component to implement a FileOperations as well.
>> Then they could all share the same producer.
>>

> Would you suggest moving the various (new) interfaces up to camel-core where
> camel-file is, and then having a camel-ftp and camel-vfs ?
>
>      camel-core{contains camel-file}
>      camel-ftp
>      camel-vfs

+1 we need to have file in camel-core as its used extensively for unit
testing camel itself and its a core component.

I would like your work on the camel-vfs (or should it be
camel-commons-vfs) as a kind of proofing if and ifs possible to adapt
a new component using the interfaces from camel-ftp. If that plays
along nicely then I will move these interfaces into camel-core.

So for now you need to depend on camel-ftp (add it as a dep in maven
pom) on your project.

--

/Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer