camel-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why is ServerRoutes a java file?
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 16:51:48 GMT
2008/12/18 asaksena1 <anurag.saksena@gmail.com>:

> For configuring simple Server Routes (if I'm not doing any transformation
> etc. using EIP)
> e.g.
> from("jms:queue:order").to("orderFinder");
>
> Can we not have ServerRoutes and a simple xml configuration file? (or
> something similar)

Sure - use whichever you prefer - Java, Scala or XML

> Also, I reckon every time we make a change to ServerRoutes, we have to
> bounce the Camel Engine. Is there a way to get around it?

Deploy your Spring XML document inside the ServiceMix Kernel which
will hot-reload on change to the XML and redeploy your EIP routes
dynamically
http://servicemix.apache.org/SMX4KNL/index.html

We should probably have a tutorial/demo somewhere showing this in action...

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration