camel-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Checkstyle enabled
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 19:53:18 GMT
2008/12/1 James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com>:
> 2008/12/1 Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com>:
>> Hi
>>
>> No me neither. I used to have the CXF checkstyle format that is
>> somewhere in the camel code as a .jar file you can import in IDEA.
>>
>> What I have not is it to be configured with the correct import order
>> so I can optimize imports. But the only pita is the auto import
>> on-the-fly will insert it at the wrong place
>> so you have to optimize it from time to time.
>>
>> Otherwise I think William is happy with it turned on, as it saves a
>> lot of his work to fix and commit code ;)
>>
>> I am not a maven hog, but I guess there is some parameter you can add
>> to skip it. Jon / William?
>
> IMHO if folks using IDEA can't develop code efficiently (i.e. manually
> having to frig with the code to get past checkstyle rules) - I'd say
> the checkstyle plugin is of limited value anyway - whether its
> mandatory or optional.

I'd much rather have lots of folks contributing to Camel - than having
folks turning away in frustration at having their IDE put some imports
in the wrong order or adding the odd extra space here or there. Having
lots of happy contributors far outweighs use of whitespace & imports
ordering IMHO!

--
James
-------