camel-dev mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Idempotent consumer and redeliveries
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 08:44:40 GMT
Hi

I am wondering if our idempotent consumer doesn't fully handle that
fact that some exchanges fails being processed.
If such a failure I was wondering it should not mark the exchange as
been processed. The JPA based idempotent consumer can support this as
it can participate in the TX

But for all the other routes that are non TX. Maybe we could defer the
mark until the exchange is completed. If we could get the UnitOfWork
into a more central route in the routing.
We have a ticket for this.

This is just a thought I wanted to get into "paper" before forgetting.
So sorry for not explaining it better and having more details.

--

/Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer