camel-dev mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release camel 1.5.1 this month?
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 16:59:30 GMT
+1 on 1.6

No it's fine as the roadmap has many new features so naming it 1.5.1
is actually more wrong than 1.6.0 IMHO.

But if the future after the release of Camel 1.7 or if possible after
this 1.6 we should start to hold on the new features so end users have
a stable branch to rely on in their production environments.
If Camel keeps getting x.x.0 releases and none patch/bug fixes only
then it's actually a bit concerning for end users that have version X
in production.

Well that is my personal opinion.

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 3:09 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbarcea@gmail.com> wrote:
> I suspect/hope that renaming the version number will do the trick. I'll take
> care of it, manually if needed.
> I am waiting on a consensus on this.  I think Claus was a bit reluctant to
> bump up to 1.6 if I am not mistaken.
>
> Hadrian
>

> On Dec 17, 2008, at 9:03 AM, Willem Jiang wrote:
>
>> +1 for the use the 1.6 as the new release version of Camel.
>> Here is a question for the JIRA version.
>> Is there any batch tool can help us to change the version from 1.5.1 to
>> 1.6?
>>
>> Willem
>>
>> Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Just got back from a long vacation.  Wow, it felt good :).
>>>
>>> Sure, let me take a look at what outstanding.  The branch is 1.x so we
>>> could go with a 1.6 (and I think that would be my preference too). Is
>>> there a consensus on the version number?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Hadrian

 What