camel-dev mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [2.0] simplifying annotations, DSL and XML to remove uri + ref?
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 19:53:19 GMT
Hi James

Maybe you dot get to much sleep at nights now ;)
But I had to do a 2nd pass to read and understand your mail.

Are you suggesting that we can merge the uri and ref @annotation
attribute and this imply a single attribute that supports both?
If so what should be the name of this attribute?

I currently like that the uri / ref style as you are in no doubt what
they do. But is there a tremendous difference in the code base to
support both?

I was wondering if we should do a stratety as
- look in registry first, if match use it
- if no match create an endpoint with the provided text

eg:

@EndpointInject(uri="foo")
@EndpointInject(uri="jms:queue:bar")

So if there is a foo in the registry it is used.
As there is no bean in the regsitry with jms:queue:bar an endpoint
will be created

Yeah you can do: uri="ref:foo" but I doubt that many end users know this.

But I haven't played so much with the annotations as you have, so I am
sure you are on to something.

/Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/