camel-dev mailing list archives

From "Ramon Buckland" <ra...@thebuckland.com>
Subject TagSoup as a dataFormat and as a Component
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:06:23 GMT
Hi Peoples,

I am just about finished the proof of concept of using TagSoup as a
DataFormat and as a component.

For those not familiar with TagSoup, it is a Java Library (APache 2.0
License) which converts poorly formatted Html

into well formed (xml) HTML. (not XHTML).

ie:

This is very helpful for a following reason.

 <camelContext xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring">
  <route>
    <from uri="direct:start"/>
    <to uri="http://myserver.com/somequery?foo=1"/>
    <unmarshal><wellFormedHtml/><unmarshal>
    <to uri="xslt:file:///foo/bar.xsl"/>
    <to .../>
 </route>
</camelContext>

Questions:
    Is this component helpful ? *Should I finish, I have not seen anything
like it in the toolkit yet)
    *If continuing is a good idea, what should the "dataFormat" be called ?
ie the <wellFormedHtml/>
    Am I unmarshalling or marshalling ? (we of course won't support going
the other way as good to bad html is just hard(er))
    I figured it is <unmarshalling> as the <csv/> dataformat is similar, CSV
--> List<..> is ummarshalling.

cheers
r.