camel-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DefaultComponent - Validating URI
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 06:37:16 GMT
My personal preference would be to not add extra validation.  The main
reason is that there are quite a few other characters that are not
allowed either ('=' for instance) and in the general case url
(semantical) validation is not an easy thing to do (i.e. the benefit
would be quite limited imho).  The url parser did the right thing, and
I think we could rely on developers testing their apps and make sure
that the url they pass is indeed the intended one.

So a non-binding -1 from me.

Cheers
Hadrian