camel-dev mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" <>
Subject [PROPOSAL] - Camel 2.0 - improve Java DSL to reduce methods in ProcessorType
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 08:13:28 GMT

Most of the Java DSL is defined in
org.apache.camel.model.ProcessorType so when you hit ctrl+space when
creating routes in Java DSL you get a list of 159 methods.

I have noticed during improving the javadoc that we overload the
methods to often, instead of having a few sensible defaults that
tailing 95% useage and then delegate the special customization to it's
own type where the fluent builder can offer the special methods.

For instance the splitter EIP has 12 methods to offer all kind of
combination of parameters. I think we should refactor this to allow
1-3 methods that should cater most usage and then add fluent builder
methods on the SplitterType so end user can do the special
customization there, where we can use good fluent builder methods
names (eg to enable something instead of true, it's parallel() then
it's much more readable

from("xxx").splitter(body().tokenize(","), true, myPool).to("yyy");

/Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

View raw message