camel-dev mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Camel 2.0 - default endpoint
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2008 09:34:31 GMT
Hi

> But I will turn my attention to other issues to tackle ;(
Sorry the smiley faced the wrong direction. Should be ;)
I am not at all sour, even though my mail might have such a tone. Just
me being curious and digging into all kind of corners in Camel
and being from Denmark where we tend to raise our voices.

/Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 9:17 AM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for the explanation. But What I am raising a voice for is the
> Camel entry level users. When they start to use ProducerTemplate they
> get a long list of methods. So it can be confusing which method to
> use. Just to eplain the difference between sendXXX and requestXXX is
> quite "hard enought". So having this 3rd option that is very rarely
> used is on option I would like to eliminate.
>
> I have yet to see any documentation, end users requesting about it,
> unit test etc that uses this feature.
>
> There are 5 methods with the default thingy
>
> There are 8 methods with send
> There are 12 methods with sendBody
> There are 2 methods with request
> There are 6 methods with requestBody
>
> A total of: 33 methods.

But I will turn my attention to other issues to tackle ;(

> /Claus Ibsen
> Apache Camel Committer
> Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
>

> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Hiram Chirino <hiram@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
>> The idea is that in Dependency Injection scenario is it's simpler to 1
>> inject one thing (the template) into another object rather than 2
>> things (the object and the endpoint).
>>
>> It's an ease of use issue.  And camel is all about ease of use.
>>
>> Is this really complicating things that much?  I would think there are
>> tougher issues to tackle.
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I guess the endpoint resolution can be done once. So I still don't see
>>> the valid point of this default
>>>
>>> final Endpoint ep = context.getEndpoint("uri");
>>>  ProducerTemplate template = new DefaultTemplate(context);
>>>  while (condition) {
>>>    template.send(ep, body);
>>>  }
>>>

>>> /Claus Ibsen