camel-dev mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" ...@silverbullet.dk>
Subject Camel 2.0 - UID generator in Camel
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2008 10:21:12 GMT
Hi

I am wondering if we should consider changing the UID generator in Camel.
BTW: Is the UID generator code from ActiveMQ or where is it from?

Currently it uses / in the UID and this is not file friendly and it's tied to the local machine
(hostname).

Shouldn't we have a 100% neutral ID?
We could maybe use java.rmi.server.UID to generate it

Maybe we could make it pluggable, as I have been wondering it would be nice for testing and
development to use simple int counters so you can see from the exchange id that it's the 3th
exchange etc.

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet