camel-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: Generics
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 09:24:43 GMT
2008/9/1 Vadim Chekan <>:
> Folks,
> I've educated myself about generics in Java and looks like there is plenty
> of work to do in the project.
> 1. There are 4K of compiler warnings when I imported all projects.
> 2. Generics are consistently used as raw types all over the project, which
> defeats the very idea of generics as a way to avoid type casts and improve
> code quality as the result.
> 3. Some constructions look suspicious, for example
> class RouteType extends ProcessorType<ProcessorType>
> perhaps should be
> class RouteType extends ProcessorType<ProcessorType<RouteType>>
> if I understand the idea correctly.
> Any comments?

Am sure there's lots of things that can be fixed with the use of
generics :) Much of the problems are my fault and I apologise :) FWIW
I'd actually like to remove some generics use from the code where we
can; e.g. using generics to define
component/endpoint/producer/consumer was probably a mistake really; it
lead to us having to unnecessarily copy exchanges to avoid class cast

How about you submit some patches where you think some of the errors
can be removed and use of generics improved? We love contributions!

Open Source Integration

View raw message