camel-dev mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" ...@silverbullet.dk>
Subject More Camel 2.0 ideas
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2008 10:41:12 GMT
Hi

Writing this quick mail to get it out of my head before it's lost to beers this weekend ;)

1)
Annotations: We might wanna take a look what we have to offer now, and find if there are any
gaps missing. Maybe we could also consider restructure the packages to have an annotation
subpackage, to easier find what we got?

And at least I think we need an Annotation wiki page documenting how to use them, and with
links to existing documentation. They are kinda hard to find.

2)
Restructure of packages: We have a ticket about this. In camel 1.4 we did some work. However
we did walk to far in one area I think. The file component has some META-INF classloading
if .strategy classes. I think that is too far, and would like to remove this and use direct
dependencies from file to file.strategy. I am worried that the classloading will bit us when
we have to support Camel in OSGi, WebStart, War, WebSphere, Standalone and what else for the
future. So I think a package restructure with a bit of common sense will do fine.

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21