camel-dev mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" ...@silverbullet.dk>
Subject A real camel-test component for Camel 2.0
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2008 06:42:16 GMT
Hi

I am writing on another tutorial and is showing how to use plain spring test support classes
for easier junit testing. And the spring .jars is real jars (not test-jar).

I am thinking that we should for Camel 2.0 also create a real camel-test component that holds
the test support classes end-users and camel itself can use for unit testing.

Now these test support classes is mixed with the unit test classes themselves.

Then end users can just depend on camel-test in their maven repo and it's a more elegant.
Also the camel-test.jar will not be cluttered with all kind of leftovers from our unit tests.
For instance log4j.properties, jndi.properties and whatnot we have got have there.

Any thoughts?

I think it's a good idea to get in Camel 2.0 from the start before the API and what else is
locked. Then instead of relying on camel-spring test-jar or camel-core test-jar then end-users
should migrate by switching to camel-test.

Is there any problem if camel-test will support both plain java tests or the spring ones as
well?

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet