camel-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Anstey <jans...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SPAM] Spring vs. Java DSL
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 11:57:30 GMT
Thanks for the feedback Claus!

Claus Ibsen wrote:
> Hi
>
> 1)
> I can only think of the error handler stuff we have in java DSL. In Spring you should
use the errorHandler attribute and define it as plain spring beans.

This one has been around for a while. I'm thinking that this is a lower
priority item though since we can do all the errorhandler stuff now with
Spirng beans, like you've said... its not as pretty as it could be but
it works. :)

> 2)
> And I think we have a minor "name not the same" issue:
> - Java DSL: exception(MyBusinesssException.class).to("xxx");
> - Spring DSL: <onException>
>
> Maybe we should try to get the 2 names as the same?
>
> onException sounds as the best suited DSL name to me.

Yeah, thats a quick one I should slip in!

> 3)
> I am sure there are others we have missed.

I'm sure of it. Haven't got around to any deeper digging yet though -
been buried in AIX stuff...

> 4)
> I would love that we improve the <package> or to allow setting 1..N classes instead
or ref to spring ids. The <package> is sometimes a bit to "magic" for new users. Something
to consider for Camel 2.0

Great idea. I'll create a ticket for 2.0

> Also when doing unit testing it would be great to be sure only YOU route is loaded and
not all in the same package.

I guess this would be solved by item 4 - I'll make a note of this in the
ticket.