camel-dev mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel 2.0 - FAULT message, do we need it?
Date Sun, 14 Sep 2008 14:01:11 GMT
Just one comment for the FaultMessage.
If we want to return a soap fault message in camel-cxf endpoint , we
need to set the exchange's FaultMessage with the soap fault message and
not the exchange's Exception to avoid the deadLetterChannel handling.
Here is a unit test[1] to show it.

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/camel/trunk/components/camel-cxf/src/test/java/org/apache/camel/component/cxf/CxfCustomizedExceptionTest.java

Willem

Claus Ibsen wrote:
> Hi
>
> Oh I can see I hit a nerve here having read the entire conversation. I like the chair
analogy ;)

> I do think it is important that we pick up this ball now that we are designing for Camel
2.0. If we don't start doing something about it now we wont make it for Camel 2.0 and we have
to "wait" until Camel 3.0.

> I do feel Roman's pain and point of view of the current model, so we are two in that
direction ;)

> Med venlig hilsen
>
> Claus Ibsen
> Silverbullet
> Skovsgårdsvænget 21
> 8362 Hørning
> Tlf. +45 2962 7576

the FAULT message. For instance it was missing in camel-jms a very central component.