camel-dev mailing list archives

From Gert Vanthienen <>
Subject Re: camel spring xml restructure
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 13:45:01 GMT

The _ is indeed a Scala specific construct: it represents a parameter in
a function literal -- in our case this often represents the Camel
Exchange.  You only need them if you are using Scala function literals
though, I managed to get rid of them using partially applied functions
for the other supported languages like xpath and jxpath a while ago.

You can find an xpath example in

and a jxpath one in

James Strachan wrote:
> Its well worth looking at the Scala DSL which looks great; maybe they
> could both look and feel kinda similar? FWIW the only thing I don't
> like with the scala DSL is the use of _ which is a bit odd - but thats
> a scala thing

View raw message