camel-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Adam (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (CAMEL-869) A subject from message header is not copied to mailMessage
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:17:00 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-869?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=45863#action_45863
] 

Adam commented on CAMEL-869:
----------------------------

Some feedback: 

I took a look at tests for camel-mail. 
Please see some snippets from our routeBuilder below:

        from(direct:infectionAlert)
        .to("xslt:" + infectionAlertXsl)       
        .setHeader("subject", constant("Test"))        
        .to("smtp://" + smtp_server + ":" + port+"?From="+from+"&To="+recipients.toString());

        from(direct:infectionAlert)
        .to("xslt:" + infectionAlertXsl)       
        .setHeader("subject", "Test")        
        .to("smtp://" + smtp_server + ":" + port+"?From="+from+"&To="+recipients.toString());

        from(direct:infectionAlert)
        .to("xslt:" + infectionAlertXsl)       
        .setHeader("Subject", constant("Test"))
        .to("log:debug")
        .to("smtp://" + smtp_server + ":" + port+"?From="+from+"&To="+recipients.toString());

        from(direct:infectionAlert)
        .to("xslt:" + infectionAlertXsl)       
        .setHeader("Subject", "Test")        
        .to("log:debug")
        .to("smtp://" + smtp_server + ":" + port+"?From="+from+"&To="+recipients.toString());

None of the messages arrived with a subject. Some details of the environment we use:
- java 1.5 +, spring 2.5.5,   
- tried mail servers: MS Exchange, james
I tried other combinations too (following spec). None of them arrived with a subject. 
Looking forward to hearing from you (if more details needed, please let me know)
thanks 
Adam 

> A subject from message header is not copied to mailMessage 
> -----------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CAMEL-869
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-869
>             Project: Apache Camel
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: camel-mail
>    Affects Versions: 1.4.0, 1.5.0
>            Reporter: Adam
>            Assignee: Hadrian Zbarcea
>             Fix For: 1.5.0
>
>
> The issue refers to sending emails on one of the stages in the messaging pipeline. I
checked all the suggested solutions from the spec and none of the them resulted in an email
message with a subject. 
> I have the following code: 
> ...
> private static final String DIRECT_INFECTION_ALERT    = "direct:infectionAlert"'
> ...
>       from(DIRECT_INFECTION_ALERT)
>       .to("xslt:" + infectionAlertXsl)      
>       .process(new Processor() {
>         public void process(Exchange exchange) throws Exception
>         {
>           Message m = exchange.getIn();          
>           Map<String,Object> headers = new HashMap<String, Object>();   
      
>           headers.put(TO_HEADER_KEY, recipients.toString());
>           headers.put(FROM_HEADER_KEY, from); 
>           headers.put(SUBJECT_HEADER_KEY, constant(INFECTION_ALERT_SUBJECT));       
 
>           m.setHeaders(headers);       
>           m.setBody(exchange.getIn().getBody(), MailMessage.class);
>           MailMessage mail = new MailMessage();
>           mail.copyFrom(m);
>           exchange.setIn(mail);          
>         }})
>       .to("log:debug","smtp://" + smtp_server + ":" + port);      
> and a simple and naive version  ->
>       from(DIRECT_INFECTION_ALERT)
>       .to("xslt:" + infectionAlertXsl)      
>       .process(new Processor() {
>     public void process(Exchange exchange) throws Exception
>     {            
>       Message message = exchange.getIn();
>       Map<String,Object> headers = new HashMap<String, Object>();
>        headers.put(TO_HEADER_KEY, recipients.toString());
>        headers.put(FROM_HEADER_KEY, from); 
>        headers.put(SUBJECT_HEADER_KEY, constant(INFECTION_ALERT_SUBJECT));        
>        message.setHeaders(headers);   
>         }})
>       .to("log:debug","smtp://" + smtp_server + ":" + port);      
> I tried many other combinations, well all from the camel mail component spec. Upgraded
camel to 1.5-SNAPSHOT (comes with fix for disabling authentication on missing username/password
for mail server). I can receive email messages, no problem, but never managed to get one with
a subject. On debugging, messages always have correct headers (subject, to, from, etc) but
then the info is lost somewhere.
> Thanks
> Adam 

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message