camel-dev mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" ...@silverbullet.dk>
Subject RE: switching JMS to use transacted mode by default and to auto-default the TrasactionManager...
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:38:07 GMT
+1 for the 1.5/2.0 idea

And maybe for 2.0 we get the "transactional files" also with the apache commons project ;)

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576
Web: www.silverbullet.dk

-----Original Message-----
From: James Strachan [mailto:james.strachan@gmail.com]
Sent: 28. august 2008 13:31
To: camel-dev@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: switching JMS to use transacted mode by default and to auto-default the TrasactionManager...

2008/8/28 Claus Ibsen <ci@silverbullet.dk>:
> Short answer:
> +1
>
> We also have a ticket about a better default configuration for the DeadLetterChannel.
As now it does 5 retries with 1 sec apart. Not the best "conv over conf". So maybe something
on a sidenote to consider fixing for 1.5 now that we do this JMS transacted stuff out-of-the-box
;)

Yeah thats a great point. Maybe we should make the change to
transacted by default a 2.0 thing; as its a big change. For 2.0 we
could overhaul the default error handlers and transaction modes to
make stuff transacted by default - and use a transacted error handler
by default rather than the DeadLetterChannel - which doesn't work too
well with JDBC/JMS or other transacted endpoints

e.g. for 1.5 make it easy to enable transacted JMS with a simple
"transacted=true" property on the endpoint/component and then
auto-create the transaction manager by default for JMS (maybe
JPA/Hibernate too?) - then in 2.0 we switch the defaults to be
transacted out of the box with matching error handlers?

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration