camel-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: an camel route view
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2008 18:53:49 GMT
2008/7/25 James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com>:

>>> Yay! I've just figured out how to connect the selected node in the
>>> graph to the Properties View so that we can show things like detailed
>>> description of the node, details of where the pattern documentation
>>> lives and so forth. Eventually with some more ninja, we could view the
>>> messages arrived at the node in a properties tab maybe etc.
>>
>> I'm gradually starting to grok how to do real basic stuff in eclipse -
>> probably really badly - but at least to get some things to happen :)
>>
>> I've just committed a patch where there's now a MessagesView window we
>> can show - which listens to the nodes selected in the Route Graph and
>> it then tries to pull the message exchanges sent to that node and
>> render them in a table. Doesn't actually do anything yet mind you :).
>> Need to hack the view so it can display, say a table with one row for
>> each Exchange then maybe a form showing the details of each selected
>> Exchange (showing all the headers & body etc). Then also need to wire
>> in a way to find the spring Main when running the route via the
>> SpringRouteContentProvider.
>>
>> If we can figure out the SpringRouteContentProvider stuff so we use
>> that, it should be relatively easy to make sure we enable
>> debugging/tracing and then hack up some decent looking MessagesView.
>> That'd be really awesome! :)
>>
>> My eclipse knowledge is pretty limited - if anyone else wants dive in
>> and help and hack up the MessagesView to look nice :) We kinda need a
>> table linked to a form (showing all headers & the payload). Ideally
>> we'd use the Java debugger UI stuff to render any Java object nicely.
>> e.g. show a message as a tree...
>>
>> headers
>>  foo - string "hey"
>>  bar - int 1234
>> body whatever
>>
>> kinda like the debugger does when showing a stack frame.
>
> BTW until we wire in the spring Main / debugger - I've added some
> dummy Exchanges for now - so at least we can hack independently on
> making a really nice MessagesView that nicely shows a list of message
> exchanges, headers, payloads etc.

I've added an early hack of viewing the exchanges in the Properties
View. I've not figured out yet how to show a List (or Map) so just
show one exchange for now to give you the idea.

We should be able to reuse the same mechanism so selecting a row in
the Messages View table renders the Exchange in the Properties View
too :)
--
James
-------