camel-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roadmap after Camel 1.4 release
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:15:32 GMT
Totally agreed with everything said so far in this thread. I'd also
like improved tools for working with Camel. e.g.

create a command line console for Camel for use in ServiceMix

a visualisation plugin using Eclipse / Zest / GEF

Delayer

tracer - configuration from spring XML

2008/7/23 Claus Ibsen <ci@silverbullet.dk>:
> Hi
>
> DSL Documentation:
> ==================
> - Yes it is definitely needed. For new users to Camel starting with the Java DSL can
be a bit troublesome to know how to use, after you got the hello logger here I am working
with from(xxx).to("log:hello")

> 1) We could add documentation to the javadoc (and use SNIPPET or some other tools to
extract it to the wiki). We are able to quickly determinate what DSL types we have documentation
for and not. Also the IDEs will be able to quick tooltip the javadoc for end-users.

> 2) We could add it to wiki. However it's harder to be sure that we got them all covered
and staying in-sync for the future, and that all options is documented as well.

> 3) How can we with tools get the documentation in the spring XSD as well?

there's an existing JIRA for this...

am hoping at some point someone hacks JAXB to preserve javadoc
comments and add them to the <xs:documentation> elements in the
generated XSD

--
James
-------