camel-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failing Unit Tests
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 13:43:26 GMT
2008/7/3 Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu>:
> Rock on!
>
> Looks like the JavaScript one was a problem with my syntax?  I can't
> say I understand it since my actual JavaScript code uses foo['bar'] to
> access JavaScript hashes or whatever, but if foo('bar') is needed in
> this case, OK.  Probably just speaks to my limited knowledge of
> JavaScript. :)
>
> So as I understand the Jython situation now, when writing a Jython
> expression, you must always prefix it with "result = ".  I think
> that's a workaround we could document and say it works.

Yeah - I wonder if thats a strange limitation of jython? If so we
should maybe shove the result = part into the internals

Similarly I noticed the ruby stuff needed $ to prefix the variable
names; I wonder if we can avoid that? So they kinda appear as
instance, rather than global variables etc? Not a biggie, just
wondering

--
James
-------