camel-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apache-camel-1.4
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 15:24:12 GMT
2008/7/2 Claus Ibsen <ci@silverbullet.dk>:
> Hi
>
> Got home, sitting in the shade with a beer ;) and reading the mail.

:)

still jetlagged :(

Yeah - am kinda thinking long term we retire the camel-core-test.jar
and just use camel-hamcrest.jar / spring test as a nicer way of doing
testing stuff.

But yeah, a nice simple fix for now is just trying to remove
unnecessary crap from the jar?

> What if we leave the *Support classes as is and just shrink the camel-core-tests.jar
to contain what it should, only the support stuff. Then end-users have a nice and small .jar
for unit testing with plain old junit POJU - Did I just make a new acrym there ;) Okay a 500kb
jar is nothing today but end-users might get confused that it contain unit tests for camel-core
and then can import some MyBean.class or whatever we have in this big jar. So if we can get
Maven to package the jar without all that then it's great.

> Then later when the world is finally ready for something better than junit for unit testing
then we can have xxxSupport classes in the camel-hamcrest or whatever is the norm.

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration