camel-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apache-camel-1.4
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 14:18:16 GMT
2008/7/2 Willem Jiang <willem.jiang@gmail.com>:
> We could set the scope to be test, it will not effect the compiling, testing
> and packaging.
> Any thought ?

Am still thinking it might be a recursive dependency.

Just stepping back a bit - whats the issue of camel-core-test.jar
being big? Longer term I hope we can migrate most camel modules to use
either spring-test or camel-hamcrest for testing and remove the
dependency on camel-core-test.jar. Its just a tad complicated for the
camel-core module due to circular dependencies (the *Support classes
depend on the camel-core APIs and need to be built before camel-core
can be tested etc); I wonder is it a biggie (since they are mostly
legacy classes anyway) to just copy them into camel-hamcrest - but
leave camel-core tests as it is?

--
James
-------